COVID-19 GRANT SCHEME
On the 16th March 2020, Malta Enterprise issued a guideline document and an application form under the Business Development and Continuity Scheme to facilitate employers providing teleworking arrangements to their employees who can carry out their work from their residence. The call shall support employers to invest in technology that enable teleworking and to partially cover the costs of teleworking solutions.
The call is open to all undertakings irrespective of size and sector. The support will be given to employers who incur eligible teleworker expenses pursuant to a teleworker agreement.
The grant is limited up to €500 per teleworking agreement and €4,000 per undertaking and is in the form of a cash grant.
The grant shall be awarded against 45% of the eligible cost which must be incurred after the 1st of March 2020. The following costs are eligible for this cash rebate:
- Purchasing and/or leasing of computer hardware (included operating systems) which are considered portable including installation and setting up of connectivity software
- Communication solutions (hardware and software) that allows different users to connect to their place of work (VPN, Point-to-point connection or similar)
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Get in touch to give us the opportunity to discuss the right solution of how we may help you achieve a remote working setup in order for you to become a true modern workplace. Whether its team productivity, collaboration and file sharing or deploying your apps to the cloud for remote access, we may help you achieve this mobility without the trade-off on security.
On 10th March 2020, Veracloud, together with Bluefort and in collaboration with Microsoft, hosted its first-ever joint event on how business navigation should take place in 2020 with the use of Microsoft 365.
We delved into real-world scenarios to identify:
- What puts our business’ security and information at risk?
- How can we lower operational costs and be sure of business continuity?
- How do we make better business decisions?
- What can we do to differentiate from our competitors?
- When will A.I. become affordable and attainable for us?
The event allowed us to give our guests a closer look at how these challenges affect modern business today. In addition, we also shared effective strategies and tools to help navigate through the business journey in 2020.
With the help of Microsoft 365’s offering, our attendees now have the knowledge to achieve the Modern Workplace, therefore, helping their workforce become empowered in the way they conduct their day-to-day operations.
How are they empowered? The Modern Workplace allows its users the opportunity to work:
- Together – Give every individual the technology to collaborate with colleagues
- Anywhere – Give your people the tools to work from any location
- Securely – Protect your systems and devices with robust solutions
In conclusion, we showed how Microsoft 365’s solutions will have an important impact on how an organisation operates. These solutions revolve around 5 unique technology pillars:
- Productivity – A suite of state-of-the-art office software tools for desktop and mobile
- Collaboration – Multiple ways to communicate among individuals and teams
- Security – Robust antivirus, data protection, login security and device protection
- Analytics – Measure individual team and business performance with machine learning
- Voice – Online rich voice and video conferencing
For those who did not attend, feel free to reach out to us as we would be more than happy to schedule a one-to-one session to help you achieve the true Modern Workplace.
Veracloud will be attending this year’s ICE 2020 show in London. Our team will be there to discuss how we may improve your cloud and data centre strategy.
A little bit about ICE 2020. ICE London is the Global Gaming Hub for all B2B industry experts, bringing together 600+ solutions and 35,000+ professionals across all sectors of gaming (4-6 February 2020), ICE London is a complete platform to explore the future of Gaming and continues to be unrivalled as the leading gaming technology event for business growth, development and networking.
On October 13, 2020, Exchange Server 2010 will reach end of support. If you haven’t already begun your migration from Exchange 2010 to Office 365 or Exchange 2016, now’s the time to start your planning.
Exchange Server, like almost all Microsoft products, has a support lifecycle during which we provide new features, bug fixes, security fixes, and so on. This lifecycle typically lasts for 10 years from the date of the product’s initial release, and the end of this lifecycle is known as the product’s end of support. When Exchange 2010 reaches its end of support on October 13, 2020, Microsoft will no longer provide:
- Technical support for problems that may occur;
- Bug fixes for issues that are discovered and that may impact the stability and usability of the server;
- Security fixes for vulnerabilities that are discovered and that may make the server vulnerable to security breaches;
- Time zone updates.
Your installation of Exchange 2010 will continue to run after this date. However, because of the changes listed above, we strongly recommend that you migrate from Exchange 2010 as soon as possible.
Did you know that Windows 7 End-of-Life support will end on the 14th January 2020?
What does this mean?
Microsoft will stop releasing updates and patches for the operating system and will also not offer help and support if you encounter any issues. Hackers will knowingly be ready to exploit this time window and will take advantage of this vulnerability.
Do not be left susceptible to cyber-attacks because of this. Contact us today so that we may show you how to mitigate these risks.
Veracloud will be attending this years SiGMA 2019 show. Our team will be there to discuss how we may improve your cloud and data centre strategy.
A little bit about SiGMA 2019. Increasing in size, scope, and success over the last 5 years, SiGMA’19 will be the busiest show yet, offering 12,500 delegates the chance to network with leaders in the iGaming industry, strike deals with the biggest brands, engage the leading suppliers, and secure support from the affiliates that matter. The 6th edition of SiGMA will take place between the 27th to 29th November in Malta, visitors from 80+ countries will be creating next-level business opportunities for the global iGaming sector in 2020 and beyond. Positioned at the cutting edge of a very competitive industry, the summit has evolved into the definitive iGaming showcase, operating on both a European and world stage.
Veracloud will be attending the Cyber Security Summit 2019. Join us on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, between 8.30 AM and 3.00 PM at the Westin Dragonara Resort in St Julian’s. Our team will be there to discuss how we may improve your cloud and data centre security in your organisation.
The event is organized by Cyber Security Malta in collaboration with the Parliamentary Secretary for Financial Services, Digital Economy and Innovation, MITA, the Malta Chamber Of Commerce Enterprise & Industry, and Tech.mt. The goal of the summit is to further educate local professionals and executives about cybersecurity. The summit will promote a government scheme designed to help grow the cybersecurity culture within the local business industry.
Productivity and collaboration are of the utmost importance in today’s office environment. No longer are the days where you only sit at your office desk, in front of the same desktop computer, during the same time frame. You are mostly like a person who is working on a variety of different end user devices, from anywhere at any time.
In today’s world having this ‘work wherever you are’ luxury is not enough. Users still need to be connected in real-time to their colleagues but this must be done in a secure and reliable way whilst keeping simplicity at the forefront of the solution. Users expect this from their employer. How is this possible? Leveraging the cloud through Microsoft’s Office 365 makes it easy.
At #Veracloud, we enhance your team’s productivity and collaboration
in a secure and reliable environment. We do this by:
- Allowing you to securely access your applications and data with almost any device, anywhere, anytime
- Giving a fulfilled Modern Workplace service where you only pay for the services you actually use
- Offering non-binding consultation to discuss the possibilities of the Modern Workplace in a personal conversation to explain how the journey takes place
- Supporting you and your employees with competent and professional staff at an affordable monthly price
For further information, please view our Modern Workplace page or simply contact us for your free consultation. Simply email us at [email protected] and leave the rest to us!