COVID-19 GRANT SCHEME
On the 16th March 2020, Malta Enterprise issued a guideline document and an application form under the Business Development and Continuity Scheme to facilitate employers providing teleworking arrangements to their employees who can carry out their work from their residence. The call shall support employers to invest in technology that enable teleworking and to partially cover the costs of teleworking solutions.
The call is open to all undertakings irrespective of size and sector. The support will be given to employers who incur eligible teleworker expenses pursuant to a teleworker agreement.
The grant is limited up to €500 per teleworking agreement and €4,000 per undertaking and is in the form of a cash grant.
The grant shall be awarded against 45% of the eligible cost which must be incurred after the 1st of March 2020. The following costs are eligible for this cash rebate:
- Purchasing and/or leasing of computer hardware (included operating systems) which are considered portable including installation and setting up of connectivity software
- Communication solutions (hardware and software) that allows different users to connect to their place of work (VPN, Point-to-point connection or similar)
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Get in touch to give us the opportunity to discuss the right solution of how we may help you achieve a remote working setup in order for you to become a true modern workplace. Whether its team productivity, collaboration and file sharing or deploying your apps to the cloud for remote access, we may help you achieve this mobility without the trade-off on security.
On 10th March 2020, Veracloud, together with Bluefort and in collaboration with Microsoft, hosted its first-ever joint event on how business navigation should take place in 2020 with the use of Microsoft 365.
We delved into real-world scenarios to identify:
- What puts our business’ security and information at risk?
- How can we lower operational costs and be sure of business continuity?
- How do we make better business decisions?
- What can we do to differentiate from our competitors?
- When will A.I. become affordable and attainable for us?
The event allowed us to give our guests a closer look at how these challenges affect modern business today. In addition, we also shared effective strategies and tools to help navigate through the business journey in 2020.
With the help of Microsoft 365’s offering, our attendees now have the knowledge to achieve the Modern Workplace, therefore, helping their workforce become empowered in the way they conduct their day-to-day operations.
How are they empowered? The Modern Workplace allows its users the opportunity to work:
- Together – Give every individual the technology to collaborate with colleagues
- Anywhere – Give your people the tools to work from any location
- Securely – Protect your systems and devices with robust solutions
In conclusion, we showed how Microsoft 365’s solutions will have an important impact on how an organisation operates. These solutions revolve around 5 unique technology pillars:
- Productivity – A suite of state-of-the-art office software tools for desktop and mobile
- Collaboration – Multiple ways to communicate among individuals and teams
- Security – Robust antivirus, data protection, login security and device protection
- Analytics – Measure individual team and business performance with machine learning
- Voice – Online rich voice and video conferencing
For those who did not attend, feel free to reach out to us as we would be more than happy to schedule a one-to-one session to help you achieve the true Modern Workplace.